Sibling Ski Camp Packing List
The following list has been prepared for your convenience to help you plan for camp. While it is acceptable to pack more than is listed (within reason) please try not to omit any items, as we want to ensure campers are prepared for the weather and have enough clothes for the weekend.
It is not necessary to buy a lot of new items for camp – if your camper does not have appropriate ski clothing, please communicate with the Program Assistant, as The Goodtimes Project is prepared to supply any camper with the necessary skiing clothing and accessories.
Skiing Related items
- Snow jacket and snow pants
- One pair of snow mittens or gloves
- Helmet and goggles
- Warm hat and neck gaiter/scarf
- Two or three thin under-layers, sweater/fleece
- One or two pairs of long underwear, or something similar i.e. leggings and a thin long-sleeve shirt
- Two pairs of both light and heavy socks
- Warm sleeping bag or sheets/comforters for twin bed, and pillow (we recommend putting bedding into a duffel or stuff sack for easier transportation)
- Three or more shirts, two or three pairs of jeans/pants
- Adequate underwear and socks for a weekend
- Swimsuit - we will have access to the pool at the White Pass Inn
- One pair of snow boots
- Extra hat and pair of mittens/gloves
- Cell phone
- Note: parents/guardians may decide they want to send their camper without their cellphone, however studies show that removing pre-teens from their phone "to be more present" can actually have the reverse effect, causing stress that they are missing out on what their peers are experiencing on social media.
- We will be monitoring cell phone use throughout the weekend, allowing times to check in with the outside world (Wi-Fi and cell service permitting), without letting technology consume the weekend.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and lip balm
- Shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb/brush, skin cleanser/moisturizer, shaving needs, deodorant, etc.
- One or two towels
Bring and pack separately
- Medications, including vitamins, supplements, and over-the-counters (in their original containers)
Extra items nice to have
- Hand/toe warmers
- Book/magazine for the car ride and evenings
- Laundry bag
- Notebook and pen/pencil